Staff Selection Commission of India conducted exam for the recruitment of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police. Written exam for SI in Delhi Police was held on 22th June 2014, Sunday. There were many exams on that day like SSC CPO 2014 exam.
Wait for SSC Delhi Police SI answer key is now over as we have uploaded full question paper along with answer key. This test paper consists of 100 questions with four objective answer choices, among which only 1 answer is correct. You can find SSC SI in Delhi Police solved paper with answers highlighted in Bold letters.
SSC Delhi Police SI 22 June Paper with Answer Key:
This Sub Inspector in Delhi Police paper consists of four different sections. There are 200 questions from which 50 questions are from each section. Answers of these questions can be found at bottom of this post.
Section 1: General Intelligence and Reasoning:
Directions: In question nos. 1 and 2, two statements are given follower by two (I, II) conclusions/assumptions respectively. You have to consider the two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions if any, follow from the given statements
1. statements : All flowers are trees. No fruit is tree.
conclusions : I. No fruit is flower.
II. Some trees are flowers.
- Only conclusion I follows
- Both conclusions I and II follow
- Only conclusion II follows
- Neither conclusion I nor II follows
2. Statement : A warning in a train compartment – “To stop train, pull chain, penalty for improper use Rs. 500.”
Assumptions : I. Some people misuse the alarm chain.
II On certain occasions, people may want to stop a running train.
- Only assumption I is implicit
- Only assumption II is implicit
- Both assumptions I and II are implicit
- Neither assumption I nor II is implicit
3. Which answer figure will complete the pattern in the question figure?
4. from the given answer figures, select the one in which the question figure is hidden/embedded.
5. A piece of paper is folded and cut as shown below in the question figures. From the given answer figures, indicate how it will appear when opened.
6. If a mirror is placed on the line MN, then which of the answer figures is the right image of the given figure?
7.A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The sets of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as in two matrices given below The columns and rows of Matrix I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix II are numbered from 5 to 9. A letter from these matrices can be represented first by its row and next by its column, e.g., ‘S’ can be represented by 00, 24, 43 etc·., and ‘L’ can be represented by 58, 77, 89 etc. Similarly, you have to identify the number set for the letters given below :
- 04, 79, 20, 87
- 11, 67, 23, 75
- 30, 86, 01 , 67
- 23, 89, 20, 87
8. Anand and Vijaya .have decided to apply for a mutual divorce due to conflicts in their marriage. What would you do as Vijaya’s friend?
- Scold her for taking this decision
- Give her support and listen to her problems
- Compare her with people who have lived full married lives
- Tell her it is going against our culture
9. An address has been given below, which has been reproduced against A, B, C and D alternatives. Three of these have some mistake or the other. Identify the one without any mistake.
Prologis Park, Coventry.
- Ericson Limited,
Prologies Park, Coventry.
- Ericison Limited
Prologis Park, Covenetry.
- Ericsson Limited,
Prologis Park, Coventry.
- Ericsson Limited,
Prologis Park, Coventery.
10. Gjven below are capital letters in the first line and numbers in the second line. Numbers and letters are code for each other. Choose the correct code for given letters.
C F Q R W B E D H I
5 2 9 1 7 3 8 6 4 0
- 8 9 1 6 5 8 3
- 8 9 1 6 5 8 2
- 7 9 1 6 5 8 3
- 8 8 1 6 5 8 3
Directions : In question nos. 11 to 17, select the related word/ letter/number/figure from the given alternatives.
11. Conventional : Modern :: Rebellious : ?
12. Botany: Plants :: Entomology·?
13. BZDX : FIHG :: JRLP · ?
14. RADAR: RADAR:: WAR:?
15. 12 . 245 :: 13 : ?
16. 81 : 8 :: ?
- 128: 13
- 124: 5
- 144: 11
17. Question figures
18. In the following group of letters. the number of letters skipped follow the pattern, of letters skipped after each letter as. one, two. one, two… Which of the following letter series observes t11e rule given above ?
19. How many ‘M’ are there in the following letter series which are not immediately preceded by ‘H’ but immediately followed by ‘R’ ?
Directions : In question nos. 20 to 24,find the odd word/ letter/number/figure from the given alternatives.
20. (A) Sparrow (B) Eagle
(C) Bat (D) pigeon
21. (A) Equality (B) Democracy
(C) Justice (D) Liberty
22. (A) 48 (B) 66
(C) 82 (D) 99
23. (A) 90: 14 (B) 156: 12
(C) 160 : 10 (D) 132 :22
25. Which one of the given responses would be a meaningful order of the following?
1. District 2. Continent 3. Country 4. State 5.Village
- 3, 4, 5, 1, 2
- 3, 2, 4, 1, 5
- 5, 1, 4, 3, 2
- 5, 1, 4, 2, 3
26. Arrange the following words as per order in the dictionary.
1. Catapult 2. Cathedral 3. Catalogue 4. Catenation 5.Catastrophe
- 3, 1, 5, 2, 4
- 3, 1, 5, 4, 2
- 3, 5, 1, 4, 2
- 3, 4, 2, 5, 1
27. Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it ? ·
ad ___ bac ___ bd ___c
- b c a d
- b c d a
- b d c a
- b d a c
Directions : In question nos. 28 to 31, a series is given with one term missing. Choose. the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series.
28. SCD, TEF, UGH, ________ , WKL
29. 4, 9, 20, 43, 90, ?
30. 97, 96, 92, 83, ______, 42
31. Question figures
32. A mother’s age is a square of her daughter’s age. After 5 years, mother will be three times as old as her daughter. What is the present age of the mother ?
- 29 years
- 25 years
- 36 years
- 20 years
33. Anita is the mother of Bindu. Chin may is the son of Anita. Devesh is the brother of Varsha. Varsha is the daughter of Bindu. Who is grandmother of Devesh ?
34. Bindu is elder then Nandu. N andu is elder thanTarak. Tarak is younger than Oly. Prem
elder than Bindu. Kitu is elder than Prem.Who is the eldest?
35. From the given alternatives select. the Word which can be formed using the letters given in the word.
36. From the given alternatives select the word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word.
37. If NARGRUED is the code for GRANDEUR which word is coded as SERPEVRE ?
38. If GIVE is coded as 5137 and BAT is coded as 924, how is GATE coded?
39. Find the missing number from the given responses.
40. If > stands for division, < stands for addition, + tands for equals to, – stands for greater than, x stands for subtraction = stands for multiplication and /\ stands for less than, then which one of the following equation is correct ?
- 7 x 5 < 4 > 3 /\ 2
- 7 = 5 < 4 – 3 = 2
- 7 x 5 + 4 = 3 < 2
- 7 – 5 >-4 = 3 /\ 2
41. Some equations are solved on the basis of a certain system. Find the correct answer for the unsolved equation on that basis
4 + 5 =30, 7 + 4 =40, 5 + 8=54, 9 + 7=?
42. Select the correct combination of mathe-metical signs to replace * signs and to balance the following equation
15 * 4 * 7 * 62 * 5
- x + – =
- x – + =
- + – x =
- = x – +
Directions : In question nos. 43 to 44,select the missing number from the given responses.
45. A man is facing North-East He turns 45°clockwise and then turns again clockwise 90°.What direction is he facing now ?
46. Two friends M and N start walking from a point A. M starts walking towards East and N towards South. They both walk 12 and 16 km respectively. How fur are they from each other?
- 18 km
- 19 km
- 20 km
- 21 km
47. In the figure give below how many tangles are there?
- 30 and above
48. Four positions of a dice are given below. Identify the number on the left side when the right side is 4 and the number on the top is l.
49. Identify the diagram that best represents the relationship among classes given below:
Ladies, Gents, Teachers
50. In the given figure, the triangle represents LD children, the square represents Children with Autism and the circle represents ADHD children. Identify the portion which represents the children with Autism and ADHD only.
Section B: General Knowledge and General Awareness:
51. Which i not an extension of a picture file on a computer?
52.Which measure of memory is the largest ?
- MB Megabyte
- GB Gigabyte
- TB Terabyte
- KB Kilobyte
53. Which of the following i the maximum number of electrons that can be present in M- shell?
54. In an oxygen molecule, two atom are united by
- one bond
- two bond
- Three bond
- four bond
55. The inert gas which is substituted for nitrogen in the air used by deep sea divers for breathing is
56. How many neutrons are there in 92 U^238 atom?
57. Root pressure is measured by
58. Cell becomes turgid because of
59. The process of imbibitions involves
- Capillary action
- Both (A) & (B)
60. A cell increases in volume when it is placed in
- Hypertonic solution
- Hypotonic solution
- Isotonic solution
- None of these
61. Who launch National Peoples Party on 5th January 2013?
- Somnath Chatterjee
- Shivraj Patil
- K S Hegde
- P A Sangma
62. Which Indian University bagged Best Research Award at 100th Indian Science Congress?
- University of Delhi
- University of Kashmir
- University of Mumbai
- University of Sikkim
63.Who was the first woman winner of kaun Banega Crorepati 6 ?
- Kiran Bedi
- Lata Mangeshkar
- Sumeet Kaur Sawhney
- Priety Zinta
64. Who was appointed new United State Defence Secretary in January 2013?
- Donald Rumsfeld
- Robert M Gates
- Leon Panetta
- Chuck Hagel
65. Who took the charge as new Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India in January 2013?
- Urijit Patel
- Dr C Rangarajan
- S Vekitaramanam
- Dr Y Venugopal Reddy
66. Which Political Leader was sent to jail for teacher recruitment scam in January 2013?
- Om Prakash Chautala
- D V Sadananda Gowda
- Raja Bhaiya
- Suresh Kalmadi
67. Which player got stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and got banned for life after the International Cycling Union?
- Nicola Adams
- Chris Hoy
- Lance Armstrong
- Jason Kenny
68. Who won the Top Ranker,s Entrepre- neurial Path Breaker Award 2013?
- Prof D K Bandyopadhyay
- Ajay Shankar
- B Prasada Rao
- Pratip Chaudhuri
69.In the balance of payments account, unrequited receipts and payments are also regarded as
- Bilateral transfers
- Unilateral transfers
- Capital account transfers
- invisible transfers
70. Price and output are determinates in market structure other than
- perfect competition
71. A philosophy that the worker should share in industrial decisions is termed as
- intestinal democracy
- worker sovereignty
- intestinal sovereignty
- worker dictatorship
72. If average cost falls, marginal cost
- increases at a higher rate
- falls at the same rate
- increases at a lower rare
- falls at a higher rate
73. Which one of the following disburses long term loans to term loans to private industry in India ?
- Food Corporation of India
- Life Insurance Corporation of India
- Primary Credit Society
- Land Development Banks
74. Most important safeguard of liberty is
- Bold and important judiciary
- well-knit party system
- decentralisation of power
- declaration of rights
75. What is the ancient school of low?
- The philosophical School
- The Historical School
- The Analytical School
- The Sociological School
76.Liberty stands for
- absence of restraint
- consists in the presence of restraint
- feeling enjoyed in a congenial atmos- phere
- the eager maintenance of that atmos- phere in which men have the appor – tunity to be their best selves- Laski
77. When the Vice- President is acting as President he
I. will have all powers and functions of both President and Vice- President
II. gets all the allowances and privileges of the President
III. should continue to work as the Chairman of the Rajya Sbha
- I, II and III
- I, and III
- I and II
- II only
78. In Presidential Govemment, the President is
- Independent of the Legislature
- dependent of the Legislature
- dependent on the Legislature
- dependent on the Judiciary
- Bound by the advice of the Council of Ministers
79. The method of amending the Constitution by popular veto is found in
80. Which of the following is the inalienable attribute of the parliamentary system of govemment?
- Flexibility of the constitution
- Fusion of Executive and Legislature
- Judicial Supremacy
- Parliamentary Sovereignty
81. Which one of the following Kinds of equality is not compatible with the liberal notion of equality?
- Legal Equality
- Political Equality
- Social Equality
- Economic Equality
82. Which was the second capital of Akbar?
- Fateh-pur –Sikri
83.The first country which discovered sea route to India was
84.The unification of Kama taka was achieved in the year
85.Who introduced the Indian University Act ?
- Lord Curzon
- Lord Minto
- Lord Morelay
- Lord Rippon
86.Chinese travellers visited India primarily because
- they were interested in Buddhism
- they were invited by the Indian kings
- they were interested to study Indian culture
- they were interested to stay in India
87.The first short based integrated steel plant in the country is
88. Name the condition which influences the development of plants into distinctive forms.
- Climatic conditions
- Soil conditions
- Environmental conditions
- Social conditions
89.Agriculture should serve as an instrument of income, livelihood and opportunity to the local community – this statement is given by
- Dr Madhavan Nair
- Dr Manmohan Singh
- Dr Abdul Kalam
- Dr M S Swamina~han
90. When was the Geological Survey of India established ?
91. Development that meets the needs of the present, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs was the focal point of Brundtland Commission is
- sustainable development
- disaster management
- capacity building
92.The pancreas secretes
- Bile juice
- Peptic juice
- None of these
93. When we touch leaves of “Touch me not plant”, they close, these movements are called
- photonastic movements
- nyctinastic movements
- seismonastic movements
- chemonastic movements
94.The concept of tissue culture was introduced by
95.Beak is formed by
96.Pinna (external ear) is present in
97.Purity of a metal can be determined with the help of
- Pascal’s law
- Boyle’s law
- Archimedes p1inciple
- Conse1vation of mass principle
98. If both the mass and the velocity of a body is increased to twice of their magnitude, the kinetic energy will increase by
- 2 times
- 4 times
- 8 times
- 16 times
99. Two bodies kept at a certain distance feel a gravitational force F to each other. If the distance between them is made double the former distance, the force will be
- 4 F
- ¼ F
100. Stationary wave is formed by
- a transverse wave superposing a longi-tudinal wave
- two. waves of the same speed super- posing
- two waves of same frequency travel- ling m the same direction
- two waves of same frequency travel-ling m the opposite direction
That’s it. Above questions are from general intelligence, general awareness and reasoning section. Each section consists of 5o questions. Below are the answer key of all these questions:
GI, GK and GA and Reasoning answer keys:
If you finds a wrong answer then please inform us using the comment form.